1.31.2010

New Endeavor!

Hey!
It's been a while, I know, but I've been a busy girl! My lovely husband has taken an interest in my jewelry making, and has decided to help me run my own website! We have been working on it quite a bit, and have finally come to a point where I can share it with you!
Here is the link:

Nine Nineteen - Unique items to make life interesting.

We only have a few items on there currently (Necklaces and earrings for now), but I'm working on quite a few new projects! I've made two styles of wire wrapped rings (Pyrite and Drusy Quartz), and I have been making fabric headbands with a needle and thread. These things are completely foreign to me, so it's definitely made my life a little more exciting, though frustrating at times.

I'm also working on learning how to make bath products (I've got a great recipe for brown sugar scrub - dreamsicle scented, anyone?), vinyl record bowls, colorful chalkboards for your house, and maybe even some really cute yarn wreaths. I'm not sure if I can handle all of these creative projects on my own, and I'm not even sure if it's something thats going to be a profitable endeavor, but I'm having a ball trying.

A little question to throw out there - my main problem is figuring out marketing and advertising. Does anyone know of any great blogs or websites that can help me get my business out there for people to find? I would love to try and establish myself in what seems like a very supportive and tight-knit handmade community on the internet. I've been considering the site I heart Handmade, but I'm not sure where else to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And with that I will leave you with my favorite goofy picture of 2009.

Hope the small amount of your weekend left is filled with laughter and good friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment