1.10.2010

ikea chandelier


So I have a Glimt lighting fixture from Ikea, and I love it, but unfortunately I had an accident with it. My dog decided that the stuffing on the underside of my favorite mint green mid century chair was something tasty to munch on and pull out, which is a huge no no! So in the middle of my temper tantrum at him I decided the best course of action was to put the chair on top of the dining room table. I realize now that was silly of me, but oh well. Anyways, while putting it on the table I knocked the Glimt and shattered one of the white glass light covers. So after calling Ikea multiple times and getting the impression that we were basically S.O.L., I tried to figure out a more creative solution.

I've always loved crystal chandeliers, but I could never figure out a way to put a chandelier into our townhouse, and not have it look weird with all of our modern furniture. And I love the Glimt and its sleek look. So I was wandering around on Design Within Reach and found the Cellula Chandelier. Its absolutely gorgeous, and melds modern and vintage together perfectly!

photo via thisnext

Then I went on Ikea Hacker because I assumed they would have some ideas too and I found this great Glimt hack! It was exactly what I was looking for!

photo via ikea hacker

So I went on Etsy and got some antique chandelier crystals and created my own! I got quite a few crystals for less than 50 dollars! I will post my hack for you the next time I post, which I promise will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment