1.14.2010

the best soup in the world!


This soup is a very important family tradition for us in the winter. Every year my mother makes a huge pot, and then makes a small container for everyone in the family. This year I decided it was my turn to try and make it. It was a lot easier than I expected! I think this recipe came from a restaurant, but I'm not sure which one since we've been using it for as long as I can remember.

Chicken Wild Rice Soup (this makes a really really really large amount, so beware!)
1 Lb Wild Rice
4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 stalk celery (1 bunch)
1 Lb Carrots
1 Onion
3/4 Jar chicken soup base
1 Lb Butter/Flour
1 Qt Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Can evaporated Milk

In a large stock pot, fill 3/4 with water, and add the wild rice, raw chicken pieces, celery, carrots and onion. Boil until most of the wild rice pops open. Add the chicken soup base. Warm the evaporated milk and whipping cream and add to the soup. In a separate saucepan melt the butter, and add flour, whisking until stiff (not hard!), then add to soup and stir until soup is thick and creamy.

1 comment:

  1. this recipe looks yum....will have to try!

    happy weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete