1.05.2010

I'm back! Sort of!

Thinking about cake/desserts. Yummm. I should be thinking about warm things because it's so ridiculously cold right now! -4 outside! BRRR. But instead I'm thinking about sugary things.

Peach Cupcakes
photo via smitten kitchen


Peanut Butter Cupcakes

photo via heather w on allrecipes

Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
photo via lori l on allrecipes

Raspberry Cup Cakes
photo via muffinmom on allrecipes

Key Lime Tart

photo via smitten kitchen

I think sugar and butter and flour are all my chosen items for winter hibernation. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen concocting things that are usually rather complicated to make. I had two baking disasters over my holiday break! I made the delicious Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares from smitten kitchen, and the cheesecake part was divine, but I am unfortunately illiterate or blind because I accidentally used the unsweetened chocolate I was forbidden to use as a topping, and it ended up tasting like delicious cheesecake topped in cheez-it flavored chocolate. Needless to say we ended up eating the cheesecake after slowly peeling the chocolate off of each individual square first.

My second disaster involved attempting to make the cream soda cupcakes a second time with a blender after realizing my hand mixer had died after the devil that is the cheese ball (Note: do not try to blend your cheese ball together with a hand mixer! It will get angry at you and smoke and then die!). Unfortunately my brown butter frosting didnt taste so perfect, and my batter was rather lumpy. Oh well! Baking and disasters go hand in hand! You can't enjoy one without enduring the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment