1.12.2010

My Glimt hack!


It's still a little rough because I just threw everything together quickly before a recent family party, but I once its completely done to the satisfaction of my O.C.D, it will be wonderful! I bought all the crystals from Etsy fairly inexpensively (altogether less than 50 dollars), and cut all the findings/attachments off, just leaving the crystals in individual pieces. Then I put them back together using silver jewelry wire. I then attached them to some pewter chain that I wasn't planning on using for actual jewelry, and attached the chain to more silver jewelry wire that I wrapped around the rod of the light fixture. Please excuse my ugly ivory walls from intruding on the picture! Someday soon I will get around to painting the living room the pumpkin color I intensely crave. I love the terra cotta color in my kitchen (Benjamin Moore's Sienna Clay #104) but now the rest of my house looks extremely drab.

No comments:

Post a Comment