12.25.2009

Music!

Here's a nice little list of music I'm currently enjoying. I won't try to persuade you to take a listen, I will just give ya a taste of what makes me happy. I can generally be found driving around aimlessly singing loudly to this stuff, or dancing around my kitchen making various delicious items, or even mindlessly scanning the internet on sleepless nights for new things to listen to. I have a tendency to consume a massive amount of music and spend a week on each new item, playing it over and over and over until I'm so sick of it I have to move on. I'm not one to try and get high and mighty and technical with what it is that draws me into an album, so I will just try to explain a situation where this music would be appropriate.

Yeasayer - Odd Blood

photo via the trip wire
If I were listening to this album I would probably be painting on the floor in my dining room with the curtains pulled back and the sun streaming in. It would be a spring day, so I would have the patio door open, and birds would be chirping, and dogs barking, children laughing, etc... I would definitely be painting something abstract, and there would be a lot of colors involved.

Hockey - Mind Chaos
photo via xyz magazine
I think this would definitely be one of those albums that I could see myself dancing to at a First Avenue dance night, twirling around in a sparkly dress with a cocktail in hand and friends surrounding me. This time of year is perfect because it's chilly and snowy outside, so the warm and crowded interiors of clubs and tiny music venues beckons you in. Hockey knows how to make you feel sweaty and happy and crazy.

Passion Pit - Manners
photo via bbc
This is the album I listen to when I go walking/jogging/running (depending on my level of laziness for the day). It's an early early morning in late August, so there is dew on everything and there is a chill in the air, but it's refreshing. I would be running through a path that goes through the corn fields and the woods, and cuts through the industrial park. Everything around me is in a yawn and stretch state, but I don't notice because I've already hit my most energetic point in the day, and with all this happy music blasting in my ears, how can I slow down?

By the way, happy belated Christmas! It's been a long week or two, and I cannot wait for New Years to get here so I can enjoy a little four weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment