12.06.2009

Etsy Picks of the Week...

Sorry this post is a little late! This weekend has been rather busy with cookie making and holiday things.

I decided that this weeks picks would have a theme. I have always wanted to either throw or be invited to a big fancy New Years Eve party, since I hardly ever have an excuse to get dressed up. I think New Years Eve is one of those holidays that is meant to be celebrated in a ritzy, elegant way with champagne and dancing and fashion. This weeks picks are put together as the outfit I would wear to that hypothetical party.
rosebud headband via heart of light
I have wanted to snatch one of these up since she started her shop! I love the new trend of headbands with flowers on them or feathers, but I've noticed that a lot of the styles are very gaudy and obnoxious, and I think these headbands stand out so much because they are extremely understated and elegant.
vintage red hot suede heels via my cocoon vintage
I have always wanted a pair of really sexy red high heels, and I think the suede would make it a little less.... slutty?... than leather or vinyl. The heels are also not that high, which is perfect for me since I am 6 feet tall, and only about an inch shorter than my husband.
new years statement necklace via doloris petunia
I love this so much! It's absolutely stunning, and very very bold! I think the new trend of bib necklaces is so lovely, and I wish I had the talent to make some for my shop.
silk lined ginkgo sateen frame kisslock clutch via briana edelman designs
I love these colors together, and the large graphic makes it a piece of art in your wardrobe, and yet its very simple because it doesn't require all that glitz and glam by putting rhinestones or silk flowers all over it to make a statement.
the canary dress with layered silk chiffon via holly stalder
I have a terrible weakness for anything yellow, and I think the layers on this dress are gorgeous. Yellow is one of those colors you have to be careful with, because if you get the wrong shade it can turn out very ridiculous looking, but I think this shade is perfect. Its very buttery and soft, but still bright enough to stand out in a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment