11.16.2009

New Flooring!

I hate carpeting almost as much as I hate spiders and bugs. Its ugly, gets dirty quickly, and just generally feels gross. So I am thrilled to finally have wood flooring in our living room and dining room. I live in a townhouse, so any kind of improvement that sets us apart from our cookie cutter neighbors is a welcome change. This is the beginning of a long journey of home improvement. I have so many things I want to change in the house. It is so beige! Everything is currently very neutral and bland, and that is not my style at all. I love color!

Here is a picture of our new flooring. Its so much more lovely in person!

The color is called "Cinnamon Oak" and its from Mohawk. It matches the rest of the woodwork in the house perfectly, and it has a very warm amber glow to it.


Anyways, tomorrow I promise to actually post something about the shop. I think I'm just stalling because I'm a little disappointed at the lack of movement of product. I suppose I can't just reopen the shop without any kind of advertisement anywhere and assume I will start selling stuff. My product is not overpriced, I'm sure of that, because with the prices of my supplies and the time I spend making it, customers are getting a good deal! Oh well, enough with the whining. It's not about making money anyways, it's just something I enjoy doing for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment