2.26.2010

BIG NEWS!

So I'm seriously considering starting my own Patina-esque gift shop/ jewelry boutique/general fun place. I've got a layout figured out and a beautiful location in downtown Stillwater on my wishlist.brick alley building, the first building you see when driving into downtown.

Just a sample of what Stillwater's main street looks like.

I'm full of ideas and I've been looking around at independent creative people to get product from. I have an accountant in the family that I can talk to before I do anything concrete. I guess I'm a little excited and a lot terrified to try and do something as huge as this. My biggest fear is, what happens if the business fails? And also, the idea of writing a 15 - 20 page business plan is a bit daunting. Does anyone have an insider tips on starting your own business? Any experiences on writing your own business plan/figuring out cash flow/marketing/etc.? Any help would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment